Top 10 Interesting Facts About ‘Yoga’
Yoga , a term derived from Sanskrit Word ‘योग’ is a practice to achieve physical , mental and spiritual balance.
People who practice yoga carry positive attitude towards life and are very content in every situation.
Yoga has also helped in intervention of many diseases like cancer, schizophrenia, asthma, and heart disease.
Lets us know some facts about Yoga…
- 21st June is celebrated as international Yoga day.
- Practicing Yoga asanas helps in Sexual Performance.
- Yoga originated in Vedic era more than 5000 years ago in Himalaya’s lap.
- Practicing yoga keeps you happy, healthy and disciplined.
- It also helps in building immunity and improves digestion.
- All the hand movements performed during yoga are called ‘mudras’.
- B K S Iyengar,K Pattabhi Jois, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi,Paramahansa Yogananda, Jaggi Vasudev,Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. are some of the renowned yoga gurus.
- Yoga helps in developing and boosting
- It helps in connecting
Soul ,body and mind.
- Yoga also helps in
relieving anxiety, depression, and stress.