Top 10 Facts about Moon.
We all know Moon as heavy sphere lighting out there in the space.
But it is more than that.
Moon is basically an astronomical body that orbits planet Earth and is Earth’s only permanent natural satellite.
Moon follows synchronous rotation with Earth, and therefore always shows the same side to Earth.
Moon is the second-brightest regularly visible object in Earth’s sky after sun.
Lets discuss some more facts about moon…
- The moon orbits the Earth every 27.3
- Its average orbital distance is 384,402 km or 1.28 light-seconds.
- Tides on earth are always caused by the gravitational pull of the Moon.
- Moon was first reached in September 1959 by the Soviet Union’s Luna 2, an unmanned spacecraft.
- Moon has no black side as it is tidally locked to Earth.
- People weigh less on the moon because of its weaker gravity than earth.
- Moon is very hot during the day but very cold at night.
- When the Earth is between the Sun and the Moon, Lunar Eclipse occurs.
- Neil Armstrong was the first person to set a foot on the moon.
- There’s a
reseacrhwhich states that Moon features small amounts of water.