Top 10 Facts about IAF MIG 21 Bison which defeated Pakistan’s F-16
On 27th Feb 2019 , Pakistan Air Force (PAF) intruded indian territory with their F-16 Jet in morning.
Indian Air Force (IAF) was in stand-by position after Surgical Strike 2.0 conducted on Feb 26 , taking revenge of Indian Brave Soldiers who died in Pulwama Attack.
Indian Force sent their MIG 21 BISON jet to counter Pakistan F-16 and 21 destroyed a Pakistan’s F-16 Falcon in an air-to-air combat near LOC.
Let’s us Know some Facts about MIG-21 Jet…
- MIG 21 (Mikoyan-Gurevich) was designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich Design Bureau in the Soviet Union.
- 21 is 6 decades old Jet.
- MIG 21 was nicknamed balalaika because it resembles a pencil.
- 60 Countries (Approximately) has flown MIG 21 Jet.
- First flight of MIG 21 was on 16 June 1955.
- MIG is mostly famous for its Delta Wings and the first prototype called the Ye-4.
- Indian Air Force Adopted MIG 21 in the Year 1961.
- These jet played an important role in Indo -Pak 1971 war.
- Currently, IAF is using MIG 21 as Interceptors.
- Approximately 500 MIG 21 Jets have crashed since their launch due to some technical issue.