Less Known Facts About The Tech Giant,’Google’
Google , a Multi National Technology company was build in the year 1998 by two computer Scientist Larry Page and Sergey brin.
This most visited website was just a Research project of the duo in the year 1996 , when they both were studying PhD Stanford University in Stanford, California.
Google owns some of the most popular applications like youtube , Chrome Browser , Google maps , Hangout and the list goes on…
Lets see some of the interesting facts about this tech giant…
- Earlier Google was named as ‘Backrub’.
- Google is said to have acquired new company every week since 2010.
- Larry and Sergey had their first office in Susan Wojcicki’s (one of the Founding member of Google) garage.
- Google gives 50% of its Late employee salary to his/her spouse or partner every year for the next decade.
- Online Company Excite denied Google offer of selling in 1999 for $1 million, Now Google is worth $400 Billion.
- Sundar Pichai is the current CEO of google and was elected the same is the year 2015.
- Youtube (now part of google) acquisition was done at Denny’s in Palo Alto, Calif. and the amount was $1.65 billion.
- Google is derived from the word Googol, which means digit 1 followed by 100 zeros.
- Google’s first doodle was published as ‘the Burning Man’ in the honor of the Burning Man Festival of 1998.
- Company’s major source of revenue is Advertising.