India’s Hockey Legend , ‘Major Dhyan Chand’
Major Dhyan Chand , a name every person remembers when it comes to Indian Hockey Team.
He was one of the finest Indian hockey Player with extra ordinary sportsman skills.
Padma Bhushan Award Holder Dhyan Chand was a gem to our India and Indian Hockey Team.
Lets know some Facts about this Legend.
- He was Born on 29th August 1905 in Allahabad, United Provinces of Agra and Oudh.
- He helped the Indian Hockey team in scoring 3 Olympic Gold Medals in 1928, 1932 and 1936.
- He was awarded Padama Bhushan in the year 1956.
- Dhyan Chand was also known as The Wizard or The Magician of hockey.
- Indian celebrates ‘National Sports Day’ on 29th August (Dhyan Chand’s
- Roop Singh (another Hockey legendary Player) was the younger brother of Major Dhyan Chand.
- He was called ‘Major’ because of his service in British Indian and Indian Army for 34 Years.
- His Father was also in
- Major Dhyan Chand refused Adolf Hitler offer of a senior post in German Army.
- He Died on 3rd December 1979 at the age of 74.