Facts about Zero Founder and Indian Mathematician, “Aryabhatta”
As you all know , Aryabhatta (Master Astronomer & Mathematician) was the founder of Zero.
His Contributions helped world in the development of Astrnomy and Mathematics.
Lets us Know some facts about this Great Man.
- He was born in 476 CE.
- His born place was Pataliputra (present day Patna, Bihar.
- He was one of the first Indian mathematicians and space exploration experts.
- At the Age of 23 , He wrote his book ‘Aryabhatiya’ , which explains an ancient work on Mathematic and Astronomy.
- He also stated the approximate value of pi and determined that pi is irrational.
- The Great Mathematician also discovered the position of nine Planets and stated that each planet rotated around the sun.
- Moon has no light of its own, was also stated by Aryabhatta.
- First Satellite of India was named after Aryabhatta.
- Govt of Bihar had established AKU (Aryabhatta Knowledge University) in his honour.
- There is also an Indian research center called the Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) near Nainital which is for conducting research in astronomy, astrophysics and atmospheric sciences.