Cricket World Cup 1983 , Year of all Indians!
Every Indian remembers year 1983 , as the year of cricket for all Indians.
On June 25th ,1983 , our Indian cricket Team held world cup by defeating most energetic and strong team West Indies.
They made every India dance and feel proud at the same time.
We won the world cup under the captaincy of Kapil Dev. Sunil Gavaskar was the vice-captain. Balwinder Singh Sandhu ,Dilip Vengsarkar,Kirti Azad,Krishnamachari Srikkanth,Madan Lal,Mohinder Amarnath,Ravi Shastri,Roger Binny,Sandeep Patil,Sunil Valson,Syed Kirmani (wicketkeeper),Yashpal Sharma (reserve wicketkeeper) were other team players.
Let us know some Fun Facts about the 1983 World Cup…
- 1983 world cup was the third world cup , help in England and wales from 9th-25th June.
- Pakistan was the Highest scorer of the tournament which was- 338/5 against Sri Lanka.
- Unlike Now , Each innings was of 60 Overs.
- Teams to qualify for Semi-finals were
5) Indian Captain, Kapil Dev was the Highest scorer 175(not out) against Zimbabwe.
6) Indian Fast Bowler, Roger Binny was the Most Wicket taker – 18 wickets.
7) World cup Final’s Venue was Lord’s, England
8) World cup Final’s Player of the match was M Amarnath, He scored 26 runs and took 3 wickets.
9) India Scored 183 runs , Kris Srikkanth , Mohinder Amarnath and Sandeep Patil contributed highest scores.
10) West Indies were all out at 140 (52 overs) by Indian Team.