10 Facts about Building Blocks of our Body, ‘Proteins’
We all read that Proteins are one of the most important building blocks of the body back in school days.
Well , that was actually true since proteins performs a lot functions like catalysing metabolic reactions, DNA replication, responding to stimuli, providing structure to cells and organisms. It also helps in transporting molecules from one location to another.
Proteins are such nutrients which can not be stored like Fat , but we have to eat them daily to remain healthy.
Lets know some more facts about them…
- Proteins life is span is very less, a maximum of 2 days.
- It prevents our body from swelling, Albumin is the protein which does it.
- Our body has about 100,000 different types of protein and it needs them to grow, heal and sustain all the body’s chemical reactions.
- Daily intake of Protein should be around 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
- Eggs are said to have the highest quality of Protein compared to all other foods.
- Alzheimer’s and cancer are the diseases which can be caused if we are protein deficit.
- There is protein in semen which acts on the female brain to prompt ovulation.
- Proteins help us in many processes such as growing, healing, forming cell structure, carrying oxygen, protecting against disease, growing of hair, and nails, eyesight, providing energy.
- Milk has three types of proteins casein, albumin
- keratin is the protein which is present in every human’s hair.